Seven million dollars are available through the recently released My Brother’s Keeper Challenge Grant from the New York State Education Department.
Public school districts that have at least one identified Priority School as of July 1, 2016, are eligible to apply. Applicants must submit specific plans on how they will address at least two of the following goals:
- Enter school ready to learn;
- Read at grade level by third grade;
- Graduate from high school ready for college and career;
- Complete post-secondary education or training;
- Successfully enter the workforce; and
- Reduce code of conduct violations and provide a second chance.
The project period for the program is from October 1 – August 31. Matching funds are required:
“A minimum 15 percent (%) match of approved grant is required. The matching requirements may be met through the institution’s own resources, private sources, other non-state government sources, and/or in-kind services. “
The application due date is September 15, 2016. The full application and further details can be found at THIS LINK.
BRI can help with your application process. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 703-5400.