The Connect Kids to Parks grant program will refund up to $1000 of field trip costs for visits to a New York State Park, Nature Center, or Historic Site (Parks), or a Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Environmental Education Center, fish hatchery, or selected DEC sites. Grants are available on a first come, first served basis. Grants refund field trip costs including transportation, program fees, entry fees, and/or pavilion fees. Schools, youth bureaus, or afterschool programs pay for services and are reimbursed after the trip.
Field trip locations covered under the program include:
• New York State parks, nature centers or historic sites
• Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Environmental Education Centers, or Fish Hatcheries
• Montezuma Audubon Center
• The Center for Nature Interpretation in the Adirondacks
• Adirondack Loj
• Maurice D. Hinchey Catskill Interpretive Center
• Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum
Eligibility: Public schools and village, town, and county youth bureaus in districts with a Title 1 school (preK-12 and school clubs,) Advantage After School Programs, 21st CCLCs.
Timeline: 2017-2018 applications available July 1, 2017.
For more information, visit the program Website: https://parks.ny.gov/environment/connect-kids/grant-program.aspx
Grant Opportunity: NYS Connect Kids to Parks Grant Program
Bookmark the permalink.