The overarching purpose of this RFP is to encourage and support eligible districts and public charter schools to increase the capacity of local educational agencies (LEAs) to:
- Provide all students with access to well-rounded educational opportunities;
- Support safe and healthy students; and/or
- support the effective use of technology.
- Individual New York State public school districts, or public charter schools that received Title I, Part A funds for the 2016-2017 fiscal year (2016-2017). 5 priority points will be awarded to applications that have a free and reduced lunch percentage of 60% or greater as indicated in the BEDS data for the 2016-17 school year.
- Consortiums, as follows:
- Eligible District-led consortiums comprised of Eligible Districts and/or Eligible Charter Schools as consortium members; or
- Eligible Charter School-led consortiums comprised of Eligible Charter Schools and/or Eligible Districts as consortium members (note: a charter management organization cannot be a lead applicant or be a consortium member)
Funding: There is $28,500,000 available state-wide for this 15-month project, beginning July 1, 2018. The funding is capped at $250 per student. E.g. a consortium of 8,000 students could be funded for $2,000,000.
- Questions and answers summary will be posted by January 23, 2018
- All applications must be postmarked by Friday, February 16, 2018