Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title II and Welfare Education Program Funding
Grant Opportunity: The purpose of this Request For Proposal (RFP) is to provide adult education and literacy services to assist out-of-school youth and adults to become literate and obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for employment and economic self-sufficiency, and assist these individuals in the completion of a secondary school education. There are four types of competition: 1) Adult Basic Education and Literacy Services, 2) Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE), 3) Corrections Education and Other Institutionalized Education Programs and 4) Literacy Zones.
- A public school district or BOCES
- a not-for-profit community-based organization or faith based organization
- a volunteer literacy organization
- an institution of higher education including a two- and four-year college, Educational Opportunity Center, SUNY or CUNY Research Foundation
- a public housing authority
- library or library system
- a non–profit organization not described above which has the ability to provide adult education and literacy activities to eligible adults
- a consortium of such organizations described above
- a partnership between an employer and an entity described above where the non-profit is the fiscal agent.
- Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to the ACCES website no later than 1/24/18
- Due Date: 4/11/18