New York Title-1 K-12 schools are now eligible for grants that will help connect students to nature by funding trips to local state parks. Up to $750 can be reimbursed for field trip expenses. Expenses can include bus costs, tolls, and entry fees.
- Trained educational staff
- 21 parks with environmental education staff
- 20 historic sites with historic interpretation staff
- Broad experience in leading field trips. As a leader in school programming in New York State, State Parks lead programs to over 220,000 students in 2015
- Hands on programs for students in grades K-12 on New York State History, conserving New York’s environmental resources, and outdoor physical fitness
- Standards based programming in Science, Social Studies, English/Language Arts, Technology, Arts, and Physical Education