Grant Opportunity: The Dollar General Foundation currently offers Youth Literacy Grants to support literacy programs targeting students that are reading below grade level, have learning disabilities, are English Language Learners, or are students with Individualized Education Plans.
Grants support the following programs:
- The implementation of new literacy programs
- The expansion of existing literacy programs
- The purchase of new technology or equipment to support literacy initiatives
- The purchase of books, materials or software for literacy programs
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, public and private K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and public libraries that are located within 20 miles of a Dollar General are eligible to apply. To check if your organization is eligible, please complete the eligibility quiz here.
Grant Amount: Youth Literacy Grants are individual awards of $4,000.
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2019
- Grants Announced: September 5, 2019
For more information: For more information, see the announcement here.
Brockport Research Institute is a NYS certified woman-owned business enterprise that provides grant-writing, evaluation, project management, and professional learning services. For questions or more information on this or any other grant opportunity, please contact us at info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com or call Sara Silverstone at (585) 703-5400.