Grant Opportunity: The New York State Education Department is currently accepting proposals for their Smart Start Computer Science Grant Program. This grant supports the development, implementation, and sharing of new programs designed to provide professional development and increase expertise in computer science, engineering, and/or educational technology among teachers in grades K-8.
Grants are available in two categories.
- Large Scale Grants fund professional development programs that serve 1.) at least 100 unique individuals per year or 500 individuals across the five-year grant period 2.) across at least 20 schools and 3.) impact a minimum of 18,000 students.
- Focused Grants fund professional development programs that serve at least 1.) 50 unique individuals per year or 250 individuals across the five-year grant period 2.) across at least 12 schools and 3. impact a minimum of 8,000 students.
Eligibility: Public school districts, consortia of districts or district(s), and BOCES are eligible to apply. School districts located in the Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Yonkers areas must apply individually. Please see the announcement page for more information about eligibility requirements.
Grant Amount: Awards in the Large Scale Grant Category will be a maximum of $500,000 per year. Awards in the Focused Grant category will be a maximum of $250,000 per year.
Grant Period: The grant period for this grant is five years with projects occurring between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2025.
- Questions Due: October 22, 2019
- Letter of Intent Due: November 05, 2019
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2019
For more information: For more information, please visit the announcement page here.
Brockport Research Institute is a NYS certified woman-owned business enterprise that provides grant-writing, evaluation and professional learning services. For questions or more information on this or any other grant opportunity, please contact us at info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com or call Sara Silverstone at (585) 703-5400.