Grant Opportunity: The NoVo Foundation supports new and existing programs that foster social and emotional competencies in students in grades PK-12.
The foundation seeks proposals that explicitly support one (or more) of the following student populations:
- Students with learning disabilities
- Girls, young women of color
- Students impacted by housing insecurity or homelessness
- New arrivals (e.g. refugees), immigrants, or migrants
- LBTQ+ students
- Students from Indigenous communities
Eligibility: The foundation invites applications for the SEL in Action Awards from two applicant pools:
1) School-based educators (including teachers, administrators, counselors, librarians, and other staff; and
2) District-wide applicants with proposals that span multiple schools within a single district (including charter networks).
Grant Amount: The maximum amount for school-based educators will be $7,000 each; district-wide grants will be a maximum of $25,000 each.
The foundation will also award a small number of two-year grants; learn more in the RFP found here.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on the 2020 SEL in Action Awards Portal from February 10 – April 10, 2020.
For more information: There will be an informational webinar about this grant opportunity and application process on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. If you have additional questions, feel free to email SELinAction@education-first.com.
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office (585) 431- 3416 or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.