Grant Opportunity: The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) is a nationwide grant program focused on urban areas through the Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership (ORLP). LWCF will fund programs aimed at creating or revitalizing parks and outdoor recreation areas in order to encourage residents to connect with the outdoors. Priority will be given to programs that will rely on coordination between community organizations, the private sector, and multiple levels of government.
Other program priorities include:
- Create, engage, and empower community members to connect with nature and the outdoors
- Create short-term and/ or permanent jobs
- Help stimulate economic development
LWCF is interested in proposals that seek to acquire or develop (or both) outdoor spaces to develop recreational space or reinvigorate existing spaces.
Eligibility: Applicants must be one of the following:
- Jurisdictions with a population of 50,000 and higher and are (at least partially) located in an urban area as delineated by the 2010 Census. Click here to access a map of urbanized areas.
- A state agency or authority, or county government that serves one or more urban areas that meet the criteria described above.
Grant Amount: The minimum grant award will be $300,000 and will not exceed $1,000,000
Grant Period: 3 Years (2021-2024)
- Questions Due: Questions may be submitted at any time. Please send all questions to Ian Benjamin Community Programs Coordinator: Ian.Benjamin@parks.ny.gov or (518) 474-0428 (leave a voicemail)
- Application Deadline: May, 29, 2020
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office (585) 431- 3416 or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.