Grant Opportunity: The Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL) program provides funding for approaches to and understanding of the design of informal STEM learning opportunities for the public by providing multiple pathways for broadening access to and engagement in STEM learning experiences and advancing assessment of STEM learning.
AISL program products and activities can include:
- exhibitions and programs in museums, zoos, aquaria, botanic gardens/arboreta, planetariums, nature centers, parks, libraries, and other environments; science communication;
- after-school and out-of-school time (OST) programs;
- radio, television, film, or media programs or series;
- DIY/maker initiatives;
- opportunities for the public to engage in research including crowd-sourcing and citizen science;
- on-line and other digital experiences (games, simulations, social media, mobile computing, distributed networks, and massive online open courses);
- research findings that articulate what works, why, and in what contexts.
Eligibility: IHEs (i.e. universities, four-year colleges, and/or two-year colleges) and non-profit, non-academic organizations (museums, research laboratories, professional research associations), for-profit organizations, and state and local governments.
Grant Amount & Grant Periods: AISL supports six types of projects, funding period vary by type. See the program solicitation for details.
Important Dates: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, proposal deadline
For more information: Click here to review the program solicitation.
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, project management, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office (585) 431- 3416 or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.