Opportunity: The AmeriCorps program encourages community engagement through full-time or part-time community service. Focus areas for proposals include disaster services, service for Veterans and military families, local economic opportunity, building healthy futures, education, and environmental protection and stewardship.
- Projects that propose workforce training opportunities for green energy jobs in New York State will receive bonus points.
- Projects that focus on COVID-19 relief/ recovery efforts (prevention programs, facilitating tests/ vaccinations, follow-up/ contact tracing, assisting communities in providing access to services, etc.) will receive bonus points.
- Projects and organizations specializing in community and social services to Seniors (55+) will receive bonus points for interventions specifically targeted to older adults and to recruitment and retention of older adults.
A recorded webinar on the AmeriCorps YouTube channel includes useful information for this application and interested participants are encouraged to watch.
Eligibility: New York State AmeriCorps subgrants are awarded to public or private nonprofit organizations (including faith-based), other community organizations, Native American tribes, institutions of higher education, local governments, nonprofit organizations, state agencies or other non-federal governmental entities within states (e.g., cities, counties), labor organizations, and partnerships and consortia that operate solely in New York State.
Grant Award/ Grant Period: Planning Grants typically last for one year and awards are $75,000.
- Thursday, April 15: Deadline to submit questions, email questions to AmeriCorpsRFP@ocfs.ny.gov
- Thursday, April 22: Publication of Q&A
- Wednesday, April 28: Deadline for submissions (4:59 pm, ET)
- Friday, June 18: Anticipated notification of awards
For More Information: Click here to download the RFP with a calendar of events, application attachments, and more information.
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, project management, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.