Please select which job posting you are applying for. You can select multiple. Hover over each posting for details.
Job Description: Grant Writing Associate (Local)
Brockport Research Institute is now accepting applications for local Grant Writing Associates to work with K-12 and higher education clients. Project-based work is mostly conducted remotely and on your own schedule, with some daytime availability required for client meetings. Projects are generally 6-10 weeks long and require 10-20 flexible hours per week. Project-based work may lead to part-time or full-time employment for the right candidate. Preference given to applicants residing in the Finger Lakes and Western New York region.
Essential skills include excellent writing ability, careful attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, strong verbal communication, leadership, problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a team environment and to mentor others. Qualitative or quantitative research experience and a post baccalaureate degree in a STEM field or education required, project management and mentoring experience preferred. Grant writing experience is helpful but not required, while strong research and persuasive writing skills are essential.
Job Description: Program Research and Evaluation Specialist (Local)
Brockport Research Institute is now accepting applications for Program Evaluation Associates to work with K-12, higher education, and not-for-profit clients. Project-based work is mostly conducted remotely, with occasional meetings and on-site observations. Projects range from short-term (weeks) to long-term commitments of a year or more. Typically 5-20 hours per week, depending on the project. Project-based work may lead to part-time or full-time employment for the right candidate. Preference given to applicants residing in the Finger Lakes and Western New York region.
Prior research or evaluation experience are required. A master’s degree or doctorate in a STEM field or education, including psychology, are preferred. Essential skills include excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized with good attention to detail, strong work ethic, ownership orientation; excellent interpersonal communication on videoconference or telephone calls. We are looking for individuals with a high level of self-motivation, creativity and problem-solving skills.
Job Description: Office Manager
Brockport Research Institute is seeking an Office Manager to join our team and learn the rewarding aspects of a growing woman-owned business. BRI is seeking qualified applicants with strong organizational and supervisory skills with the ability to adapt to the expanding needs of the company.
This position will work with our Operations staff and provide direct support to the Director of Operations as well as assisting the other divisions of the company when needed. Minimum 20 hours per week with potential for full-time. Flexible hours, Monday through Friday.
- Supervise the Operations office staff to ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day office operations
- Support management of human resources and payroll
- Assist in managing AP/AR, ensuring all processes are run with accuracy and timeliness
- Other business functions as needed
Essential skills include:
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- Creative problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Basic skills in manipulating databases and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Dropbox, and Adobe
- Capable of managing ambiguity
- Basic understanding of standard business equipment
- At least 2+ years’ experience working in a supervisory or management role in a business office
- Prior experience in accounts payable/receivable
- Knowledge of HR functions and/or running Payroll
- Aptitude in troubleshooting computer software/hardware issues