Please select which job posting you are applying for. You can select multiple. Hover over each posting for details.
Job Description: Program Research and Evaluation Specialist
Brockport Research Institute is now accepting applications for Program Evaluation Associates to work with K-12, higher education, and not-for-profit clients. Project-based work is mostly conducted remotely, with occasional meetings and on-site observations. Projects range from short-term (weeks) to long-term commitments of a year or more. Typically 5-20 hours per week, depending on the project. Project-based work may lead to part-time or full-time employment for the right candidate.
Prior research or evaluation experience are required. A master’s degree or doctorate in a STEM field or education, including psychology, are preferred. Essential skills include excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized with good attention to detail, strong work ethic, ownership orientation; excellent interpersonal communication on videoconference or telephone calls. We are looking for individuals with a high level of self-motivation, creativity and problem-solving skills.
Job Description: Grant Writer
Brockport Research Institute (BRI) is a certified WBE based in Western NY that provides evaluation services, grant research and writing, professional learning, and grant management services to higher education K-12, non-profit, and government clients. We have written successful proposals of over $80 million for various organizations.
BRI is accepting applications for an experienced grant writer to work with our clients on grant proposals that focus on education, equity, and workforce development. Project-based work is conducted remotely and on your own schedule, with some daytime availability required for client meetings. Projects are generally 6-10 weeks long and require 10-20 flexible hours per week. We are particularly interested in writers with NSF, US ED, NEH, and NYSED experience. Compensation is primarily flat-rate ranges based on scope of work and writer experience and expertise.
- Master's or PhD preferred
- 2+ years of grant writing experience for higher education or K-12 clients
- Demonstrated success in drafting proposals for federal and state government
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Job Description: Post-baccalaureate Grants Internship
We are seeking a mission-driven, recent college graduate who will contribute to BRI’s continuing growth. This role will support professionals in all BRI divisions: Grant-writing, Program Evaluation, Professional Development and Operations. The Grants intern will work cross-functionally on a variety of diverse projects. The position will involve projects of varying levels of complexity based on experience and interest including grant writing, literature research, database support and development, business tool development, qualitative data cleaning and analysis, internal and external communications, and various other ad hoc administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2 (4.0 scale)
- US Citizenship
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Emotional maturity and comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task and complete assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen closely and following complex instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and provide excellent service to customers in a professional, respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to perform work accurately
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples (can be college writing assignments)
- Unofficial transcript
- 3 Professional references (can be college instructors or work supervisors)
- Application Period: September 18 - 30, 2023
- Program Dates: flexible start; 90-day internship; with opportunity for extension
- 20-35 hours/week, flexible
- Compensation: $17.00/hr.
- The program requires on-site presence; however, flexibility will be allowed for a hybrid arrangement depending upon individual assignment constraints and intern circumstances
- The internship may result in part- or full-time employment for the right candidate
BRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes a diverse and inclusive environment based on mutual respect is essential to our mission. BRI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, country of birth, geography/postal code, disability, marital status, parental or gestational status, or other non-merit factor.