Grant Opportunity: Humanities New York (HNY) is providing emergency relief grants through funding from the federal CARES Act and the National Endowment for the Humanities. Grant awards will be distributed to each of the identified 10 regions in the state with priority to the following organizations:
- Organizations that serve, and are led by, members of communities traditionally under-resourced in the humanities
- Organizations with annual operating budgets of $500,000 or less
- Organizations with core humanities missions
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status that are based in New York State. K-12 schools, institutions of higher education, government agencies, fiscally-sponsored groups, and advocacy organizations are not eligible for these grants.
Grant Amount: up to $20,000. Grant amounts are determined by an organization’s total operating budget recorded in its most recent 990 form.
Grant Period: up to one year.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2020
- Notification Date: June 15, 2020
For more information: Click here for more details about this opportunity including a preview of the application.
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office (585) 431- 3416 or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.