Grant Opportunity: The AARP Community Challenge program provides grants for quick-action projects that support communities in order to help them become more livable for individuals of all ages. AARP is particularly interested in projects that engage volunteers in creating permanent physical improvements in the community, temporary demonstrations that lead to long-term change and/or new, innovative programming or services.
Projects should focus on at least one of the following categories:
- Public Places- Creating vibrant open spaces such as parks or other amenities
- Transportation- Increasing connectivity, walkability, bikeability, wayfinding, access to transportation options and roadway improvements
- Housing- Increasing the availability of accessible and affordable housing choices
- Civic Engagement- Bringing residents and local leaders together to address challenges and facilitate a greater sense of inclusion
- Coronavirus- Local recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, including economic recovery and improvements for transportation infrastructure and public spaces
- Diversity and Inclusion- Focus on diversity and inclusion while improving the built and social environment of a community
- Other- Addresses local and specific needs to the community.
Eligibility: Nonprofit 501(c)(3), 501(C)(4) and 501(c)(6) organizations as well as government entities are eligible to apply. Organizations not in these categories will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Grant Amount/ Grant Period: AARP Community Challenge grants vary in amount awarded depending on the scale of the project. Funded projects may begin after July 28, 2021 and must end on November 10, 2021.
Grant Deadline: April 14, 2021
For more information: Click here to view the FAQ page and to download application materials.
Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, project management, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office at (585) 431- 3416 or contact us: info@BrockportResearchInstitute.com.