Brockport Research Institute

24 Brook Terrace | Brockport, NY 14420

Call us at: 1-585-431-3416

Supporting Low-Income Parents in Post-Secondary Education Through Childcare Services

Apr 19, 2021 at 10:00 am by Amanda Lai

Supporting Low-Income Parents in Post-Secondary Education Through Childcare Services

Grant Opportunity: The Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education is now accepting applications for their Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) grant Program. CCAMPIS funds projects that leverage local or institutional resources in order to increase the participation of low-income parents in post-secondary education through the provision of campus-based child care services. Awards are in distributed in the following focus areas:

  • Supporting Singe Parent Students- Support for projects that serve children of student-parents residing in a single parent home
  • Addressing Child Care Shortages Due to COVID- Support for projects that increase the number of licensed child care centers in areas most impacted by the Novel Coronavirus, particularly "childcare deserts" such as in under-resourced community colleges
  • Providing Wrap-Around Services for Low-Income Parents in Postsecondary Education- Support for projects that develop partnerships with community organizations to create wrap-around services that support low-income student-parents

Eligibility: Eligible applicants include institutions of higher education that demonstrate need among low- income students at the institution for campus-based child care services, and that awarded a total of $350,000 or more of Federal Pell Grant funds during the 2020 fiscal year to enrolled students.

Grant Amount/ Grant Period: Awards typically range between $30,000 and $443,492 per year, with a grant period of 48 months.

Grant Deadline: June 1, 2021

For more information: Click here to read the request for proposals.

Brockport Research Institute provides grant-writing, evaluation, project management, and professional learning services. For questions or more information, please call the office or contact us: